Hluboka Fairytale Castle
Visible from far off, on a stone outcropping where the Vltava River leaves Ceské Budejovice basin, stands the Czech Chateau of Hluboká. The original Gothic castle was built in the late 13th century at the command of King Václav I. Along with nearby Ceské Budejovice; it was a focal point of royal power along the Vltava River. A Castle rent just for your regal attendees!
The chateau of Hluboká was originally founded as a guarding castle in the mid 13th century by the Kings of Bohemia, and being royal property, it was frequently forfeited. Several aristocratic families took turns owning it. The important ones included the Lords of Pernštejn, who founded the nearby fishpond of Bezdrev in 1490, the second largest fishpond in Bohemia.
The Hluboká Castle is situated in Hluboká nad Vltavou and considered one of the most beautiful castles of the Czech Republic. During its history it was rebuilt several times. It was first expanded during the Renaissance period, and then rebuilt into a Baroque castle at the order of Adam Franz von Schwarzenberg in the beginning of the 18th century. It reached its current appearance during the 19th century when Johann Adolf II von Schwarzenberg ordered the reconstruction of the castle in the romantic style of the English Windsor Castle. Considered the Neo-Gothic jewel of South Bohemia, Hluboka Castle is the ideal destination for history buffs, incorrigible romantics, and those who just enjoy beauty in architecture.
The Schwarzenbergs lived in Hluboká until the end of 1939, when the last owner Adolph Schwarzenberg emigrated overseas to escape from the Nazis. They lost their property once for all through a special Act, Lex Schwarzenberg in 1947.
Hluboká Castle is now a National Cultural Monument of the Czech Republic, as well as a Castle rent for various corporate events.
Allow Us To Be Your Home Team
|Max Cap Dnr
|N. of function Rooms
- Outside winter garden available in summer months
- Often viewed as the most beautiful castle in all the Czech lands
- Approximately 2 ½ hrs from Prague city center