Kaunic Palace Prague
Kaunický Palace is situated in the area of Prague’s New Town, where a cluster of small houses has existed since the late 14th Century. While the immediate neighborhood underwent gradual reconstruction, with many new palaces and monasteries being built, this particular location remained rather neglected until the middle of the 18th Century. After a long and rather expensive reconstruction process, the Palace was once again made regal and is now a glamorous dinner venue Prague.
In 1782, the estate was bought by Fillip, Count of Kinsky, and a new representative seat of the Kinsky family was built. A high-baroque building, designed by the famous baroque architect G.B. Alliprandi, dates back to around 1720. The interior, designed by M. Hummel, was rebuilt into its present appearance in 1782.
The Music Hall was decorated with paintings by A. Lhota, R.J. Müller, and A. Weidlich, during the period of romanticism in 1845. Distinguished by the colorful silk wall coverings, the salons are tastefully furnished with rococo furniture, urging to give intimate business or cultural events, a royal ambiance of yester year. The interiors are rich in neo-rococo stucco decor, silk wall coverings, as well as period furniture. Several rooms within the Palace can be utilized for events and is today one of the premier dinner venue Prague.
Extensive Program or Just Perfect Elements
|Style||Max Cap Dnr||N. of function Rooms|
- Entire building decorated in period rococo furnishings
- The Alfons Mucha Museum located on the ground floor, is available for welcome receptions
- Courtyard, and the overlooking 2nd floor balcony, are available for smoking
- Elevator access to all rooms
- Offers several interconnected rooms which can be utilized together, or individually